Anal vibrators are somewhat similar to regular vibrators except they are specifically made for the anal area and they are enjoyed by both men and women. At one time, people associated anal vibrators only with gay men but that is no longer the case nowadays.
People of all sexual orientations and genders now enjoy anal sexual activity and these vibrators can really turn up the heat in the bedroom so that you can enjoy your time there as you never have before.
What Are Anal Vibrators?
Anal vibrators are usually from four to six inches long and no longer than one inch wide. They are typically flared at the base and run on batteries, which can be included inside of them or be included in a battery pack of some type.
Because they are smaller than vaginal vibrators, they fit perfectly into the rectum and they often include vibrating, pulsating, or even rotating options.
Their various speeds and vibration types mean that they truly offer something for everyone regardless of the type of activity that you’re interested in.
One of the reasons why anal vibrators are so popular is because they are made just for anal activity, which that means their shape, size, and overall feel are perfect when you decide to engage in a little anal stimulation. They are slimmer than regular vibrators and therefore very unlikely to tear delicate anal tissue.
They are very safe for all types of anal play. If you’ve ever used a vibrating butt plug, you know what an anal vibrator is because any type of vibrating device specifically made for the anus falls under the category of anal vibrators.
One of the main advantages of using an anal vibrator is that its stimulation is quite intense so whether you’re a female wanting to learn how anal sex play feels or a man who just loves getting his prostate gland stimulated and massaged, this type of vibrator is the perfect sex toy for you.
The reason why they come with a flared base is so that the vibrator doesn’t get stuck inside of your anus and many of them also come with a textured design for extra excitement and stimulation during the sex act.
Many anal vibrators are also waterproof, which means that you can use them during bath time. Some even come with remote-control devices that allow you to change the speed and intensity whenever you like.
Some have a curved design and others allow you to use an “egg” vibrator at the same time that you’re using the anal vibrator so as you can see, you have a lot of options available when you decide to give this type of sex toy a try.
Who Should Use Anal Vibrators? Everyone!
When you’re interested in anal stimulation, it is recommended that you do not use a regular vaginal vibrator because it is not made for anal play and you can even get an infection from it in some cases if you switch back and forth.
Using a vibrator made specifically for anal activity is always your best bet because it provides the safest type of play and will always be comfortable once you insert it.
Both men and women of all sexual orientations take advantage of anal vibrators but, of course, they do so for different reasons. The anus is filled with nerve endings, which are found from the opening up to the rectum.
When these nerve endings are stimulated, it can produce a sensation that you’ve never felt before and even bring you to orgasm in many instances. The stimulation of these nerve endings is what produces the magic; therefore, anyone who has an anus can enjoy an anal vibrator.
Women are often surprised by the pleasurable feeling they receive when playing with an anal vibrator and men enjoy the toy because it can easily rub and massage the prostate gland, producing an even better overall experience.
As with other sexual toys, it is recommended that you use lube when playing with an anal vibrator since the anus is not self-lubricating as the vagina is. It is also recommended that you take it slowly and don’t rush the activity, especially if you never tried it in the past.
People have different desires and needs in the bedroom and both men and women love to explore sides of themselves that they never have before, including all types of anal activity.
Once you’ve had enough of standard sexual activity, moving to the next step can help you experience all sorts of pleasure and fun. Whether you want to prepare your anal area for anal sex or merely love stimulating the nerve endings in the area, the use of an anal vibrator can help you achieve your goal.
Most people who try anal vibrators for the first time find that they love exploring the anal area and causing new sensations to erupt every time they do so.
If you’ve never before tried this type of sexual activity, it is definitely worth exploring and researching because you will likely wonder why you’ve never done it before once you get started.
Types of Anal Vibrators
Much the same as vaginal vibrators, anal vibrators vary in size, shape, and design. Each of them has its own advantages and much of your preference will depend on your level of experience.
You may even want to try exploring your anal area with your fingers for a while before moving up to a sex toy. This is easy to do because of the many types of anal vibrators, including:
- Vibrating butt plugs: These vibrators create both a pleasurable sensation and a feeling of fullness, both of which make the sexual activity a lot more fun. Vibrating butt plugs can be left inside the anus when you’re having sex either alone or with a partner because your level of excitement and satisfaction greatly increases this way.
- Vibrating anal probes: Smaller than a butt plug, these probes are roughly the size of a human finger, making them great devices for beginners. Their main purpose is to slide in, vibrate, and little else so they are great for getting used to the act of anal stimulation.
- Vibrating anal beads and balls: These are made with small beads or balls and they usually come with a remote-control device so that you can regulate the intensity of the vibrating effects. In other words, they can vibrate at several different speeds.
In addition, anal vibrators come long or short, smooth or shaped in humps or other ways, curved or straight, and with or without devices that help you control the speed at which they vibrate.
Some are made specifically for prostate massage while others are even shaped to resemble penises for those who prefer that particular shape. Once you start shopping around for the perfect anal vibrator, you’ll likely be surprised by how many options you now have available.
Most anal vibrators are also made out of body-safe hypoallergenic silicone materials and some are even inflatable.
Some anal vibrators also have a dual feature that allows you to enjoy clitoral stimulation at the same time, giving you double the pleasure every time. As you can see, there are a lot of options available when you decide to give anal vibrators a try so it should be simple to find the one that is best for you.
How to Stop Anal Vibrators From Being Sucked Into Your Butt
Since there have been incidents of people getting anal vibrators stuck up their rectums, it is good to learn about preventing this from happening before you purchase your first anal vibrator.
Since anal vibrators are specifically made for this type of sexual activity, the chances of getting one of them stuck are fairly slim. Still, in order to err on the side of caution, the following tips are recommended:
- Make sure that you buy a toy that has a flared base. A flared base is normally too large to fit inside of the anus so you can only push the toy in a certain amount before it just stops. Flat, round bases are a great way to ensure that the vibrator won’t get stuck where it’s not supposed to be.
- When you insert the vibrator, try doing so at a slight angle. Don’t just insert it at a perfect 90-degree angle; instead, angle it just slightly as you’re inserting it into the anus. Naturally, insert it with the point going inward first.
- Look for anal vibrators made out of non-porous materials that are specifically labeled as “body-safe.” This includes materials such as tempered glass, silicone, and even stainless steel. Another advantage to choosing toys made of these materials is that they are very easy to clean after you’re finished using them.
- Always use a lot of lube for any type of anal sexual activity. This step is non-negotiable and you not only have to have a lot of lube in order for the activity to be comfortable but you may also have to reapply it sometime while you’re playing.
- Make sure that the body is relaxed before inserting your anal vibrator. Keep in mind that the anus is not self-lubricating so you may want to try both deep-breathing exercises and some genital stimulation to get you relaxed and more ready for your anal play time.
The right type of anal vibrator is important, as is lots of water-based lube and being prepared for the activity before you get started. In addition to these simple tips, it also helps to never rush this type of anal play because doing so may increase the odds that the vibrator will get stuck in the anus somehow.
Preparing to Use Your Anal Vibrator: Lubrication
Good lubrication is the key for any type of anal sexual activity and using anal vibrators is no different. Not only is it important to use lube every time that you use your vibrator but you may also have to reapply it one or more times during the sex act itself.
It is also good to learn about the various types of lubricants, which can be broken down into two main kinds:
- Water-based lube: This type of lube is easy to clean off of things and is very easily absorbed. However, you usually have to reapply it at least once or twice as you play because it is so easily absorbed.
- Silicone-based lube: Thicker than water-based lube with a gel-like consistency, silicone-based lube is more difficult to clean off of clothing and bedsheets but it also doesn’t have to be reapplied as often as the water-based kind.
There are also oil-based and even hybrid lubricants, although the former isn’t usually recommended for anal play. The best thing to do is try both water-based and silicone-based lubes to see which one you prefer.
Also, if you’re using an anal vibrator, check with the manufacturer of the toy and see which type of lube they recommend. Just keep in mind that regardless of what the manufacturer says, using lube is not an option but rather a necessity when participating in any type of anal play.
How to Use an Anal Vibrator
If you’ve never used an anal vibrator before, there is no reason to be nervous. Just keep in mind that being prepared, taking it slowly at first, and using a lot of lube are all important in order for it to be comfortable.
If you’re a beginner, it is best to use shorter, more slender vibrators because these are easier to insert in the anus. Here are a few other very useful tips for using an anal vibrator:
- Make sure that you always insert the vibrator pointed side first.
- You may have to insert the vibrator only part of the way at first, then insert it more as you feel more comfortable with the task.
- Go slowly even if you’ve already played with an anal vibrator in the past. Going too quickly can make it painful even if you’re an expert.
- Use a lot of lube and make sure that you reapply it as often as you need to.
- If you’re a man, try stimulating the prostate gland with the toy because you’ll be amazed at how good this feels.
- If you’re a woman, explore the anal area thoroughly so that you can decide for yourself which area gives you the most pleasure.
Once you’re comfortable with the smaller, basic vibrators, you can move up to other types. These other types include vibrators that also have clitoral stimulators, those with remote-control devices that allow you to change the speed and intensity of the vibrations, and even those that you can use an egg vibrator with.
Many of them have other features as well, including pulsating or rotating heads, sounds, very realistic feels and shapes, and even Wi-Fi capability.
When using an anal vibrator, you should always start slow and work your way up to the bigger, thicker toys.
Try stimulating your genitals at the same time for extra pleasure and sensation and never forget that a lot of lube is a must. You should also never use too much aggression even when you’re an expert because this can result in pain, discomfort, or even the loss of the vibrator in the rectum.
Choosing Your Perfect Anal Vibrator
When you’re choosing your anal vibrator, there are some important things to keep in mind, which is the only way to ensure that you end up with the perfect one. Here are some things to consider when shopping for your anal vibrator:
- Make sure that you choose the right size. Even if you buy one off of the Internet, the description should include its exact length and other dimensions. Remember to start off small if you’re new to this type of activity.
- Check the reviews for each vibrator that you’re considering purchasing. Online reviews give a lot of information when you’re shopping for sex toys so it is good to read those reviews and base your decision partly on those things.
- Read as much as you can about the materials that the vibrator is made of. Many people have preferences when it comes to these materials; if you’re unsure how to get started, basic silicone vibrators are a good choice because they are soft and smooth and therefore easy to use.
- Don’t choose a vibrator just because it offers the most power, especially if you’re a beginner. While speed is important, it is best to consider other aspects as well whenever you’re shopping for the perfect anal vibrator.
Keep in mind that anal vibrators can also be made out of plastic, latex, or even rubber so you have a lot of options when shopping for them.
Consider their size and overall look and feel. Since most of these vibrators are very reasonably priced, you can always choose another one if the first one you use doesn’t feel right to you.
In fact, you won’t likely know which one you prefer until you try a few of them out so when you’re shopping for anal vibrators, the best suggestion is to be patient and go slowly so that you always get the one that feels the most pleasurable in the end.