Scratching the Surface of Kitten Play
Kitten play is probably the most recognisable of the different forms of petplay. Even from a young age, people are always keen to dress up as cats, particularly at Halloween. Kitten play takes it further, allowing you to experience the relaxed, simple life of a cat.
Does this sound like you? Unleash your inner kitten with our all-new quiz, ‘What’s Your Sexual Spirit Animal’. Try it right me-ow!
Traits of Kitten Play
Kittens and cats have a very unique lifestyle among humans. For the most part they are independent, going about their own business. As long as they are fed and watered, they’ll be happy. At times though, they’ll want petting, and are often very curious. Don’t try to pet them when they don’t want it though, or you’ll probably get scratched.
All of these characteristics make cats a very interesting animal to roleplay as. Kittens are more often chosen because they tend to be more playful, more curious, and more willing to cuddle up on a sofa. Kittens will also need training, particularly in bathroom matters, so roleplaying as a kitten rather than an older cat gives your owner plenty of opportunity for interaction through training.
Ultimately though, cats are about freedom. Leading a simple life with the base instincts taken care of for you can be an enticing prospect. Those who play as a cat enjoy being able to leave it all behind, and investigate this freedom.
Kitten Play Accessories
Being one of the most popular roleplay archetypes, there will be many, many things available you can use during your roleplay. These include:
- Butt Plugs with Tails: Many colours and lengths are available, letting you choose something to suit you. As well as looking like a realistic tail, these still carry the same feelings of ownership that are traditionally associated with butt plugs among the BDSM community.
- Collars: Cat’s wear collars. It only seems natural that kitten players would too. These can have different meanings, sometimes being simply decorative, and sometimes relating to the kitten’s stage of training.
- Bondage Equipment: Bondage can be used to made it more difficult for the person to remain on two feet, as well as more unstable on their feet in general. This helps simulate the scenario as they are forced to continue on all fours.
- Bowls: If your kitten play scenario involves a feeding element, then this will usually be done with traditional pet feeding bowls.
- Scratching Posts and toys: Cats are naturally quite playful, and always like having things to scratch. Adding these into your roleplay can help the person feel more at home in their animal role, as well as giving some training opportunities with encouraging them to scratch the correct things.
Kitten Play Events
Just as kitten play is one of the more prolific types of petplay, kitten play events are also one of the most popular event types. These events can vary massively from place to place, so it’s important to look them up ahead of time to see if it’s the kind of thing you’re looking for. If it is, then what are you waiting for? Events are a great place to meet people with similar interests, share ideas and tips, and just simply enjoy yourself!
Kittens and cats are some of the most loved animals on the planet. If you want to roleplay as something that can be taken care of, but still have some independence to explore, then a kitten might be perfect for you!